Hi Matt,

Some feedback. I agree that you guys have been very responsive regarding
the wishlist, but I would definitely be down for a more open bug
tracking system for released codebases such as the Flex 2 framework
code. I know that is by no means a small initiative, but it would be
very cool.

Thanks,
-Daniel

Matt Chotin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The section in the license that talks about this is 2.1.1, you can
> read it in its ugly detail here:
> http://www.adobe.com/products/eulas/pdfs/AdobeFlexBuilder2_0-FlexCharting2_0.pdf
>
> <http://www.adobe.com/products/eulas/pdfs/AdobeFlexBuilder2_0-FlexCharting2_0.pdf>.
>

> The bottom line is: yes you can modify, yes you can publish your
> modifications, and yes you can even publish them here (or on your blog).
>
> Someone asked about how you can get those patches to us for our
> consideration. The best way is probably to submit an entry via the
> wish form (http://www.adobe.com/go/wish
> <http://www.adobe.com/go/wish>) and as you describe the enhancement
> you’re requesting mention that you have code in there for us to look
> at. As appropriate someone will contact you to request the code.
>
> I know that the wishlist system does seem somewhat closed but I think
> that we’ve actually been very good about being responsive to customers
> as we’ve been informed of problems. We may not be able to respond to
> every single one. I think the most common time when we may not respond
> is if what you report is a duplicate of something we are already
> tracking, though even then I believe that we try to send some sort of
> response. If you’ve been submitting entries via the wish form and
> haven’t received any responses let me know (off-list) and I can look
> into it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt

<*> Your email settings: