Hmm...

Though somewhat confused by your directions, I tried to follow them,
and it didnt work.

so some questions:

1.
>In FlexBuilder change your projects debug URL to something that
> doenst immediately launch Flash.

What does this mean? Any URL at all? I did select a random url put it
in the dialog box and when I hit the debug button (below) It brings up
a dialog saying it is trying to connect to the debugger.

2. What does this mean?
> - Hit debug in FlexBuilder to launch the browser

Do you mean hit the little debug icon? That just opens the most recent
debug session? Is that what you mean?

3. Then you mention a bookmark. What bookmark?

Hank

On 9/18/06, Louis Ryan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ive have a workaround though perhaps not ideal..
>
> - In FlexBuilder change your projects debug URL to something that
> doenst immediately launch Flash. See menu Run -> Debug -> Other and in
> the section 'URL or path to luanch' uncheck the use defaults option
> and enter a URL that wont launch Flash
> - Hit debug in FlexBuilder to launch the browser
> - Click your bookmark and FlexBuilder should start debugging
>
> Cheers
>
> -Louis
>

> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "hank williams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Someone must know the answer to this!
> >
> > On 9/14/06, hank williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > I need to be able to invoke the debug version of my flex app from the
> > > browser URL bar.
> > >
> > > If I take the URL that the debug app is at, and instead of running via
> > > the eclipse "run debug version" button, I paste the URL into the
> > > browser,  I get that dialog box that asks where the debugger is. Of
> > > course this dialog never actually lets you connect to any debugger.
> > >
> > > So I am wondering if there is some trick to making this work.
> > >
> > > The reason I need to do this is I am passing parameters via flashvars
> > > into the app and I need to be able to test with the paramters.
> > >
> > > Hank

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: