Mike,
It might make sense to have separate folder in SDK with all the libraries compiled without debugging for size/performance reasons. Realistically, every production application would like to benefit from that and subjecting everybody to Ant process  - especially given the additional libs like fds, rpc, etc that come without sources. Please let me know if I should file feature request or if it is already done.
Sincerely,
Anatole Tartakovsky