Hi,

Well, createChildren() is only one spot. I am a component dev so createChildren is a nice place to put event listeners that have to do with user interaction such as a change event. You know the control has to be created before that handler will be called.

There are quite a few books that come with flex. I don't know, I have been learning by creating things. ;-)

> would going to MAXX help

Ha, I don't think it would put you back any! :)

Peace, Mike