I don't think this is possible but I wanted to double check.  Basically I have a super and sub class.  I want a icon variable to be declared in the super class and the image to be embeded in the subclass.  The code would look something like this:

public class SuperClass extends UIComponent {
    protected var iconClass:Class;

public class SubClass extends SuperClass {
    [Embed(source="/icons/icon1.png")]
    protected var iconClass:Class;

Obviously the code above wouldn't work because I'm declaring the same variable twice, but I'm looking for something like it.  Does anyone know how to do something like this, or a minimum that it isn't possible in this manner?  My next best idea is to embed the icon in the subclass and pass it up explicitly to differently named variable, but I'd rather not.

Thanks,

- Dan