Sorry for the late reply.   I guess my first thought is to combine the values on the server and send over a single “contact” object which contains all of the values from those three tables.  But if you’ve already got the client/server stuff implemented to use separate records, you can use the AsyncToken’s responder returned from the third fill call to assemble the result.  FDS ensures that fill calls are called and replied to in the order in which you make them so it is only the result handler from the third call that you need to pay attention to.  You do probably have to register a fault handler for each of them though in case they fail but probably it could be the same fault handler for all three.

Jeff

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of passive_thoughts
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2006 9:22 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] monitoring dataservice fills on lookup tables prior to createItem

I am trying to add a new record. This record will need values from 3
different lookup tables, so I issue fills on the respective
collections before I start creating my new record. i.e.

Record: contact
Lookups: countries, contacttypes, markets

In this asynchronous world, however, before I can create and save my
new contact, I need to make sure the 3 fills have completed
successfully. My first thought was to create a collection of some
sort where I would add pending data operations with a status of
Pending and then on successful result, change that status to Complete.
I would attach an event listener to the collection that dispatches an
event each time a status is updated. I could then listen for that
event and once my 3 data operations are Complete, I could trigger the
creation and saving of my contact object.

But it sounds messy. Any suggestions?

Vic