Browsers shouldn’t make a difference.  Are you running from the same location?

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Joe
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2006 4:33 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Confusion about 'Security error accessing url'

Okay, I have my crossdomain.xml setup to allow access from anybody.
My Flex project works on Firefox, but I still get the error on IE6.

Any suggestions on what to try to get this to work across the browsers?

Thanks,

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED]ups.com, "Sreejith Unnikrishnan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Let me try and put it as simple as possible.
>
> Every request you make to a "data" server will require the "data"
provider to provide explicit permission to access their data. This is
done using a crossdomain.xml file that resides in the root of the
"data" server.

http://weblogs.macromedia.com/mxna/xml/rss.cfm?query=byCategory&languages=1&categoryId=5

> How can you check of you can access the data from this feed?
> Type in http://weblogs.macromedia.com/crossdomain.xml
>
> The result would be as below:
> <cross-domain-policy>
> <allow-access-from domain="*"/>
> </cross-domain-policy>
>
> Note that the "allow-access-from-domain" is specified as "*". This
means "anybody" can access it.

> Now, lets look at another example.
> The following is the RSS feed for CNN Money Economy
> http://rss.cnn.com/rss/money_news_economy.rss
>
> Now, if you access http://rss.cnn.com/crossdomain.xml, you will find
a list of URLs. ONLY these URLs can access data from that particular feed.

> In your case, type in http://www.wopos.com/crossdomain.xml.
> I see the result in Chinese(?), but I could see that the no
crossdomain.xml policy file exists on the server.