Hello Again!

I found the post that I talked about:

http://www.mossyblog.com/archives/520.cfm

Regards!

Rogério Gonzalez

"FLEX 2 needs to be the purple cow, the anomaly in the herd that
stands out and people go 'holy shit, did you see that cow back there'
and then 2 dinner parties later the conversation flows."
                                  - Scott Barnes (www.mossyblog.com)

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Rogerio Gonzalez"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello everyone...
>
> I think this is an extreme complicate issue.
> Flex is based on Flash Player. At least in Brazil, softwares made in
Flash
> is "the coolest but not functional", "funny intros" or "games in
flash" and
> such. Is very difficult find some real developer for Flash who
really knows
> AS. And those, charge a fortune.
>
> Based on that, and the plus that Adobe is "the photoshop company",
make a
> little difficult that clients believe on Flex.
> I read on a blog (sorry, don´t remember where) that the better way
of sell
> an application on Flex, is not mention a word about flash player, flex,
> macromedia or adobe. You tell the client what amazing things he will
have
> with this new technology and, after he go nuts, then you tell him
that the
> Big Adobe is who sign the tools.
>
> Then you have other issue. Here, at least, the project managers have the
> tendency to new technologies. But not new  as meaning "the best"...
new  as
> meaning "microsoft´s the best". I never agree with this vision, but one
> project manager told me something interesting: "when you buy a new
car, you
> want the 'top most' from that well know company... you don´t want
something
> old, or refurbished."
>
> I think that Adobe is on the right path. Gaining territory from below.
> Making those project managers accept Flex before final clients.
Making those
> project managers indicate Flex for the applications.
> Then, when clients begin to think in Flex before ask for an study,
we will
> have those 1.000.000 developers on stand buy :)
>
> Today, at least here in Brazil, we don´t have much developers, so
there is
> no logic start selling projects without competent developers or we
will only
> mark adobe´s flex as a bad product for the clients (this happen with
dotNet
> and Java here in Brazil).
>

> Regards,
>
> Rogério Gonzalez