Hi all,

I'm having a fair amount of trouble getting an itemRenderer for a DataGrid to work correctly. I have a drop down combo box that the users selects an option from then retrieves data from a database based on that option. The data is then returned to the Flex app and dropped in the ModelLocator (Cairngorm). I have a DataGrid that's dataProvider property is bound to the ModelLocator. Everything in the datagrid displays correctly except a ProgressBar itemRenderer. It will work for the first execution, but if a different set of data (or even the same data, returned again) is retrieved from the database it won't display correctly. I have tried throwing an alert in the itemRenderer so I can see when it is being called, and it seems that it is only run properly on the first execution, every attempt after that, it doesn't fire for every record that is returned. I have tried calling invalidateDiplayList() and validateNow() from the datagrid, but to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas? I have posted the code for the itemRenderer below. I put it in a HBox so that I can position it correctly.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<mx:HBox
 width="100%"
 height="22"
 xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"
 verticalAlign="middle"
 horizontalAlign="center"
 creationComplete="initialiseProgressBar()">
 <mx:Script>
     <![CDATA[

      private function initialiseProgressBar():void {
       if (data) {
        if (data.progress == 0) {
         pbModuleProgress.indeterminate = true;
        } else {
      pbModuleProgress.setProgress(data.progress,100);
        }
        pbModuleProgress.label= String(data.progress) + "%";
     ]]>
    </mx:Script>
    <mx:ProgressBar fontWeight="normal" width="90%" id="pbModuleProgress" labelPlacement="center" minimum="0" maximum="100" mode="manual"/>
</mx:HBox>

Thanks in advance,

Pete

Pete Capra