Hi,

Can anyone please post an example of including an swf from another swf – where the 2 files are in different domains.

The simplest way I could think is to have an <mx:Image source="www.xyz.com/a.swf" /> - but this gives a security issue   stating  :

SecurityError: Error #2047: Security sandbox violation: parent: http://abc.com/abc.swf cannot access http://xyz.com/xyz.swf.

            at flash.display::DisplayObject/get parent()

            at mx.managers::SystemManager/::executeCallbacks()

            at mx.managers::SystemManager/::frameEndHandler()

I've http://xyz.com/crossdomain.xml (and abc.com too - just trying my luck) as :

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!-- http://www.foo.com/crossdomain.xml -->
<cross-domain-policy>
    <allow-access-from domain="*"/>
</cross-domain-policy>

 Any pointers will really be helpful, since i'm not able to figure what i'm missing conceptually.

The scenario is to provide a lightweight swf to our clients, and have it call the main swf - which is hosted on our company domain - and the lite swf can handle timeout/retry etc.

Thanks!

Joseph