Yes, I've been exploring that property all day long -

There must be something else I am doing wrong here -

So with that said, YES, if you could please post an example, I'd be
grateful -

Right now, I have a ComboBox Component I created - and I am binding the
dataProvider property of it, to my Apps "model.produstList" property.
And yes, this is a Cairngorm based application - but I don't think this
should affect anything.

My OrderDetails DataGrid, is populated using ValueObjects - and the
ProductID Column initially displays only numbers.  Of course, this is
great - since that column should only display Integer values anyway
(this is previous to applying the itemRenderer and itemEditor).

BUT, now that I want the "ProductName" value to display all the time, do
I also need to declare an itemRenderer as well?  I ask this because,
only the ComboBox populated with ProductID and ProductName, contains the
associated information - where the underlying ProductID value contained
behind the scenes, drives what is displayed to the user.  The issue is
though, the itemEditor only becomes active, whenever the Cell is active
correct?

Well, bottom line is, I am so frazzled by this incident, that I am sick
and tired of racking my brain trying to figure this out.  I wasted 2
incredibly valuable days on this darn problem, with absolutely nothing
to show for it.

If you could please post some code and examples, I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance,

Mike