Yes, Michael - that is PRECISELY what I am asking -

In my App, I have a TextInput that is bound to a ValueObject (using the
Curly Braces method) - and this TextInput needs to display numbers
entered by the user, as Currency once that field loses focus.

Is it possible to have the user enter a number, and once the TextInput
loses focus, have the number turn into a "$00.00" format (while still
keeping the original intact, when sending back to the server)?  I am
sure this is quite easy to do, BUT will this get hosed up, if this value
gets sent back to the server?

This is why I mentioned, having an interim Variable hold the contents of
the "Number".

Even know my DataType on the SQL Server is "SmallMoney", it's still a
Number within my VO Class File.

Will this cause an error, since a String Var is required, in order to
keep the $ format?

This is where I could use some guidance...

Thanks in advance for your help,

Mike