Yes, I believe you can set editable to false – that’s what I did, at least. The checkbox is still there as a renderer, and if you react on its change event you can set the underlying datagrid data field to “true” or “false” respectively. This should be remembered by the ArrayCollection. BTW, this was not meant as a second alternative suggestion...it was meant in combination with switching of the editable property. Am I making sense ?

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Aaron West
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 1:32 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] DataGrid Weirdness with Online Example

iko, thanks for your response. I can't set the editable="false" property on the grid
columns because then they won't report back selections / deselections to the
data provider (an ArrayCollection). Also, your second suggestion of manually
setting the "selected" property is already being done in my custom AS3 renderer
in the overriden clickHandler() function.