You will need to extend the datagrid to do this.. The good thing is, someone has already done this, Mike Nimer.

http://www.mikenimer.com/index.cfm/2006/10/3/BackgroundRowColor-DataGrid-component

I have used this and it works great.

On 10/25/06, Alexander Lamb <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:

Hello list,

Here is a wonderfull small datagrid:

<mx:DataGrid id="dg" dataProvider=" {patients }" x="283 " y="104 " editable="false" >
<mx:columns>
<mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Last name " dataField="lastName "/>
<mx:DataGridColumn headerText=" First name" dataField=" firstName"/>
<mx:DataGridColumn headerText="" backgroundColor="pColor "/>
</mx:columns>
</mx:DataGrid>

Unfortunately, it doesn't like my backgroundColor connexion. My dataProvider is an ArrayCollection of Patient objects. The Patient class has 3 attributes: firstName, lastName, pColor.
pColor is a uint.

Why can't I do this? I would have sought it simple called the function on the "currentItem" when rendering the DataGrid!

Thanks for any hint,

Alex
--
Alexander Lamb
Service d'Informatique Médicale

--
diabetic? http://www.diabetesforums.com
Albert Einstein - "It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer." __._,_.___