From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]ups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Rick Schmitty
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2006 1:23 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]ups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Help understanding AMF vs Socket?

What is the difference between AMF and Socket connections?

Is AMF itself a socket connection that does the serialization of
webservices on a 'standard' port?

Is there constant chatter over the line when using AMF or socket? By
chatter I mean, does the server and client continually check that the
other exists after the connection is established?

I doubt I'll ever run into making my own socket but I see it brought
up from time to time and just wanted to know I'll still use AMF in the
end when I can, but I'd like to know how it works vs the other options
:)

Thanks