Title: quote
No on the install.  If you look at a typical mac install ... like a package install... if the installing application needs write permissions to the Application folder you get prompted with a dialog box to enter user/password.  On the install program it tells you don't have permission.  IMHO this shouldn't happen...

.j

jrunrandy said the following:

It may not be the same thing, but...

Are you getting this error as part of the Flex Builder install or the
Flash Player Plugin install? When I installed, the Flex Builder install
works fine, but I get an Access Error at the very end of the Flash
Player Plugin install. Flex Builder and the Player seem to work fine,
though.

HTH
Randy Nielsen
Flex Documentation Manager

--
Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right.
 - Henry Ford