I think you may be wrong about the problem. I have now confirmed that
 am able to get back content that has an Expires: 0 header.

I think the Content-Encoding: gzip is the problem. Not the header, but
the actual encoding itself. I have seen several reports of this on the
web.

see: http://blog.jasonnussbaum.com/?p=155

Did you you change the encoding? On the example that works?

Chris

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "zenwarden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am seeing this same problem on a legacy server I am working on. It
> would be very hard to change the responce header from 0 to -1. Is
> there a work around?
>
> Can I catch the error? And still get the result?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris
>
> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "dadrobson" <jim.robson@> wrote:
> >
> > Vito:
> >
> > Sorry for the slow response. I haven't been able to spend much time in
> > the group lately.
> >
> > Here is a sample header that works. The key is the value of the
> > Expires attribute. If it is set to 0, IE breaks:
> >
> > HTTP/1.x 200 OK
> > Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
> > Expires: -1
> > Pragma: no-cache
> > Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store, max-age=0
> > Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 15:11:23 GMT
> >

> > HTH
> > -Jim
> >
> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "vitopn" <vitopn@> wrote:
> > >
> > > What exactly were the guilty headers?  What headers did you replace
> > > them with?
> > >
> > > Thanx,
> > > -Vito

<*> Your email settings: