BTW, this seems to be an issue only with XML/e4x dataProviders. When I
used standard ArrayCollections (coming from an XML  HTTPService call),
the litteral text "true" and "false" will be cast boolean automatically.
I had a working grid with checkboxes, and when I changed to e4x I ran
into the same issue.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Tracy Spratt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just for fun, try a cast:
>
> selected='{Boolean(data.cdrBusinessCharge)}'
>
> Tracy
>

> ________________________________

On
> Behalf Of Jack OMelia
> Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2006 4:39 PM
> To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [flexcoders] Re: datagrid checkboxes getting checked
> dynamically
>

> That did the trick! Many thanks! I knew there must be a way to give
> the checkbox the boolean data but couldn't see it.
> Thanks again.
> >
> > > Is it because the checkbox is expecting a Boolean and getting
text?
> > That would be my guess. What does it do if you change the code to:
> >
> > <mx:CheckBox id="ckBoxBusCharge" selected='{data.cdrBusinessCharge
==
> > "true"}' />
> >
> > ?
> >
> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com> , "Jack OMelia" <lomelia@>
wrote:

> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I have one column in a datagrid populated with checkboxes. The
> > > checkboxes are part of a dataGridCell itemRenderer called
> > > "checkBoxRendererSummary":
> > >
> > > <mx:Component id="checkBoxRendererSummary" >
> > > <mx:VBox horizontalAlign="center" paddingLeft="10">
> > > <mx:CheckBox id="ckBoxBusCharge"
> > > selected='{data.cdrBusinessCharge}' />
> > > </mx:VBox>
> > > </mx:Component>
> > >
> > > and receive data from a local XML file. The XML file is brought in
> > > with the <mx:XML/> tag formatted for e4x. One node of the XML is
> below:
> > >
> > > <item>
> > > <cdrBusinessCharge>true</cdrBusinessCharge>
> > > <cdrSumNbr>203-952-4993</cdrSumNbr>
> > > <cdrSumTotalCalls>12</cdrSumTotalCalls>
> > > <cdrSumTotalMin>21</cdrSumTotalMin>
> > > <cdrSumTotalAir>0.00</cdrSumTotalAir>
> > > <cdrSumTotalLD>0.00</cdrSumTotalLD>
> > > <cdrSumTotalCharges>0.00</cdrSumTotalCharges>
> > > </item>
> > >
> > > For some reason, the checkbox does not read the value of
> > > cdrBusinessCharge and check the box accordingly. No matter whether
> the
> > > value is true or false, all the checkboxes are checked. I use
> similar
> > > itemRenderers for the other columns with Text components instead
of
> > > checkboxes and they all read and display the data correctly. Is it
> > > because the checkbox is expecting a Boolean and getting text?
> > >
> > > Thanks

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: