As Igor mentioned the Text component will provide scroll bars if the
text height is larger the the displayed area.

If you are looking to due an autoscrolling text area without scroll
bars you will want to listen to the FlexEvent.UPDATE_COMPLETE event of
the Text, and then look at its height (this event is the last before
the text is rendered so it will have the correct height).  If the
height is greater then the max height you want to display you can then
kick off a setInterval() that then manually moves the text for the
scroll.  You will also want to make sure to set the
horizontal/veritical scroll policies to "off" so that the scroll bars
do not appear as you are moving the text.

-james

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Igor Costa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Pascal if I'm not wrong the textArea component already has this
feature as
> default.
>
> On 10/28/06, Pascal Schrafl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >   Hi all,
> >
> > I wanted to ask, if somebody can let me know, how I can create a
> > autoscroll text. As I will have a fixed screen size, I would like to
> > display the text in a textbox, and check the text, if it surpasses a
> > certain length. If the complete text can not be displayed in the
textbox
> > (as it is too small), I would like to create an automatic scrolling
> > text, that just scroll the text down and then starts again. If the
> > autoscrolling is too complicated, could I somehow implement a
listender,
> > that reacts on a mouse click on the textbox and then displays the next
> > portion of the text?
> >
> > Thanks a lot for your tipps.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Pascal