jeremyrichman wrote:
> If you haven't already, check out Adobe's new Digital Editions beta (at
> http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/digitaleditions/install/).
> I believe this was written using Flex; but how do they read and write
> across the net without needing a trust file?

This project is a mix of Player and native-code. There isn't yet good
public documentation on its mechanics, even though the project raises a
number of intriguing questions. I'm hoping we see more details soon.

 From what I've been able to gather in informal hallway conversations, I
don't see much that would be transferrable to other projects yet -- my
first reaction was "Wow, are they really reading PDF/A into SWF?", but
that's apparently not the case either. Their remote retrieval might not
even be using the Player; we can't tell yet.

It looks to me now more like a one-off project than something we can
reuse in various ways, but it would be better to wait for authoritative
information to appear than to rely on the impressions I've been able to
gather.

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: