Glad you are enjoying it.

We have occasionally seen the same thing. The flex compiler seems to
get confused with the inline renderer and the valueObject.

This line is the cause:

outerDocument.removeItem(valueObjects.ShoppingCartItem(data));

You can literally go an modify this line by adding a space before the
word valueObject. Then remove the space and all will work next time
your compile.

It doesn't happen everytime on every computer. If it becomes
problematic, just remove the entire click event from the delete in the
shopping cart. My guess is that by this point in the book, you
understand how that is supposed to work.

--Mike

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Todd Breiholz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am working through the Adobe Flex 2 - Training from the Source book.
> (Excellent book, BTW). I am in chapter 11 on the section "Create an
> inline MXML Item Renderer for Displaying the Remove Button". I can't
> get beyond this section, because my code won't compile with the
> following error:
>
> 1120: Access of undefined property
> valueObjects. FlexGrocer/views/ecomm  Cart.mxml
/FlexGrocer/views/ecomm/Cart.mxml       1162264545587   243

> Here's my data grid:
>
>       <mx:DataGrid
>               id="cartView"
>               dataProvider="{cart.aItems}" width="100%" height="100%"
>               editable="true" draggableColumns="false"
>               variableRowHeight="true">
>               <mx:columns>
>                       <mx:DataGridColumn dataField="product"
> headerText="Product"
>                               itemRenderer="renderer.ecomm.ProductName"
> editable="false"/>
>                       <mx:DataGridColumn dataField="quantity"
>                               itemEditor="mx.controls.NumericStepper"
>                               editorDataField="value" editable="true"
> headerText="Quantity" />
>                       <mx:DataGridColumn dataField="subtotal"
> headerText="Amount"
> labelFunction="renderPriceLabel" editable="false" />
>                       <mx:DataGridColumn editable="false">
>                               <mx:itemRenderer>
>                                       <mx:Component>
>                                               <mx:VBox>
>                                                       <mx:Button
>                                                               label="Remove"

click="outerDocument.removeItem(valueObjects.ShoppingCartItem(data));"/>
>                                               </mx:VBox>
>                                       </mx:Component>
>                               </mx:itemRenderer>
>                       </mx:DataGridColumn>
>               </mx:columns>
>       </mx:DataGrid>
>
> It's choking on the click event of the inner Button component.
>
> I've even copied the code from the CD into my project but I get the
same error.

> Anyone see what I'm doing wrong?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Todd