As for the system-tray notification.... They said they'd like to do it for Apollo.

The only problem with some of the features I've seen on this forum are OS-specific, and Adobe is trying hard to keep all features available on all platforms. So, for instance, you're not going to be able to use a COM object directly in Apollo, since it's not supported in the MacOS or Linux. The system tray, however, does translate nicely to the OS X dock, but how would that translate over to all the flavors of Linux they hope to support?

Shan

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dimitrios Gianninas
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 8:02 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Junk E-Mail - LOW] RE: [flexcoders] Isn´t there any release of Adobe Apollo yet? Alpha maybe....

1) Since no more browser, I can know exactly when the app is being terminated

2) file IO

** below are the things I hope it can do ***

3) interaction between a flex app and other apps (ex.: excel)

4) ability to make system tray notification, to let the user know that data changes have occured in the flex app

Dimitrios Gianninas
RIA Developer
Optimal Payments Inc.