Last thought is that you can see if getting the directories of the apps you’re developing on the client as well as the urls of your modules added into your trust directories (set in the global security settings you can reach via right-click settings in the player).  It might allow your development to move forward without the copying around.

Matt

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Thomas W. Gonzalez
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2006 5:30 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] Re: local SWF files cannot use the LoaderContext.securityDomain property

The process sounds right, but Flex (or more importantly Flash) does not currently support it – due to the fact the Module files are remote.

We can not have the module files locally as our Application runs on a web-server, which is a network address, and these modules get streamed from the web application server via a secure pathway.

I know this is a confusing use case – but an important one.  We are probably leveraging Flex/Flash in ways not originally thought of, and thus why we are hitting this issue.

Probably best to discuss off-list if it is something the Adobe team is interested in pursuing a solution to.