--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "CiarĂ¡n" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I found this difficult to reproduce. I'm a bit of a flex rookie, but
> given the exception I think flex is complaining after it's looked for
> something and not found it because it hasn't been initialized (yet).
> To my understanding, creationComplete is dispatched after
> initialization of components. I haven't yet experienced the error
> since I changed:
>
> creationComplete="initCollections();"

> initialize="initCollections()"
>
> But since it's hard to reproduce I can't tell for sure if this is at
> all related to anything happening here...

the bug is not related to this. even the MenuBar is properly filled by
initCollections(), there is something wrong in MenuBar::showMenu()

After many tries, here a way to reproduce it:
- build the menubar post in this Thread. (taken from Menubar doc)
- click on "Menu 2"
- now the tricky part: move to "Menu Item 2-B" but immediatly go to
"Menu 1" then immediatly go to "Menu 2" before "Menu Item 2-B" open
and before "Menu 1" open (may be).
- "Menu Item 2-B" should open when "Menu 2" is closed, or something
like that
- MenuBar::showMenu() should crash on "Menu 2"

this is not easy to reproduce, may be because the submenu is not big.
BUT: playing with big menu with big submenu for a moment always crash.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: