The Flash Player is not open-sourced. The AVM was donated to Mozilla.

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/tamarin/

On 11/7/06, Ian Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Tom,
Just came across the same thing myself - that's a stunning
contribution, if I'm reading it right.

It basically looks like Adobe are providing the source of the AVM2
bytecode interpreter/runtime engine to Mozilla so that Mozilla can use
it as the execution engine for their ECMAscript/_javascript_ engine
(SpiderMonkey).

Doesn't look like open sourcing the Flash player, I'm afraid tho'. :-)

Ian

--
John C. Bland II
Chief Geek