Or as Tim said, you could also uses this

private function toolTipReport(e:HitData):String
{
   var relatorioTip:String = "";

   relatorioTip += "<b>Custom Label 6:</b> " + e.item.col_7;

   return relatorioTip;

}

On 11/18/06, Tim Hoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  Patrick,

Sorry to highjack your thread.  Here's a method to display a
multi-lined Axis label:

*labelFunction:
*public function wrapLabel
(cat:Object,pcat:Object,ax:CategoryAxis,catItem:Object):String
{
    var pattern:RegExp = /-/;
    return cat.replace(pattern, "-\n");
}

*Axis:*
<mx:horizontalAxis>
    <mx:CategoryAxis categoryField="CategoryField" labelFunction="
wrapLabel"/>
</mx:horizontalAxis>

This example changes:

11/17/06 - 12/16/06

11/17/06 -
12/16/06

By using regular expresions, you have quite a bit of flexibility.

-TH

*Tim Hoff
*Cynergy Systems, Inc.
http://www.cynergysystems.com <http://www.cynergysystems.comoffice/>