Ryan

Using Localconnection can help you out, actually has and LiveDocs where uses
this to communicate between AVM1 and AVM2 swf files.

Regards.

On 11/17/06, ryanlevere <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  I have recently begun migrating an application that was originally
written in C# to Flex. The application utilized the Flash ActiveX
control to display an SWF that was used for video conferencing. The C#
program required the user to log in to get to the video conferencing
and the user's ID was fed to the Flash video component
using 'SetVariable'. How do I do this from within my Flex app? How do
I emulate the 'SetVariable' call? I have the SWF loaded and displaying
properly using SWFLoader. Is the 'SetVariable' acheived through the
LocalConnection component?

Igor Costa
www.igorcosta.com