Just try to use Timer Class.

Do the same as setInterval in AS2.

Regards.

On 11/17/06, Rachel Maxim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  I am in need of a news ticker/scroller too, and I'm wondering if I'm
just better off building it in Flash rather than Flex?

Another question related to the timer...in AS2 I used setInterval or
onEnterFrame for animation, but (at least the way I did it) with both of
those methods performance degraded as the animations ran if the actions were
not deleted at some point (in other words you could not do a constant
animation with either of those effects).

Does anyone know if this happens with the Timer object too? I know you can
pass a "tick" limit to stop the timer, but I found out (hehe - by accident)
that if you pass a 0 it just keeps going. Is that an evil thing to do? Maybe
I'm just going about it it all wrong and this is not even an issue, if so
I'd appreciate any advice :)

Thanks,
Rachel

--