I realize this discussion is all related to Cairngorn, and I don't use
Cairngorn or really know what it is... but here's a question.

If a CFC method returns a QUERY, then Coldfusion uses code optimized (in
theory by Adobe engineers) in the flex connector to convert the query
object to an array collection.

Why write your own, non-optimized code, to have Coldfusion return an
array of objects.  Why not just return the query and let CF do the
conversion.

I'd be interested to know the comparison of returning the QUERY versus
the array of (manually created) objects or the array of (manually
created) structs.

Rick