Good to know. Thx Matt.

On 11/27/06, Matt Chotin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

   FYI, Apollo will have application signing

 ------------------------------

*From:* flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] *On
Behalf Of *John C. Bland II
*Sent:* Sunday, November 26, 2006 8:43 PM
*To:* flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
*Subject:* Re: [flexcoders] Bit Off topic: Microsoft Vista VS
Apollo/Flex/Flash

Vista isn't -vs- Apollo/Flex/Flash. Here's the breakdown:

WPF vs Apollo (and swf wrappers)

WPF/E vs Flex/Flash

I didn't read your entire post but I wanted to add that clarification. The
Expression family isn't the whole round trip. You build WPF apps, most of
the time at least, with Visual Studio. Expression has GREAT integration
between the products. You start as a designer creating the interface (with
full XAML code exported), move to Interactive Designer and add a few mod's
(maybe even some code), then use the same code in Visual Studio to tie in
data and everything else. Graphics and everything are all in code. Very
nicely done...seriously.

My opinion as to how they compare:

WPF -vs- Apollo

* WPF will probably blow Apollo out of the water in terms of system
integration. Apollo has a few things that integrate into the OS but being
cross platform somewhat prevents it from fully integrating like WPF. Keep in
mind...WPF is .NET so you have great control over Windows.

* Apollo easily wins at cross platform.

* Apollo wins at ease of use/creation. WPF isn't terribly difficult but
for normal .NET developers not used to control over the UI that WPF gives,
it can be a bit daunting.

* The power of WPF apps wins. Native database support, app signing (which
I don't think Apollo will have), etc.

WPF/E -vs- Flash/Flex

* No argument...WPF/E has a LONG way to go. Flash/Flex wins without a
doubt. Nothing further here. :-)