Check the coldfusion server's admin page. There probably is a setting on
production server limiting file upload size.

-Scott

On 11/6/06, kristian_wright2002 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  I've seen a few posts on this error but none of them seem to solve my
issue.

I'm trying to upload some files via a FileReference object, with a CF
backend. The CFC works fine with smaller files (eg under 300k), but
with files over this size, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

When it doesn't work, I get the following I/O Error:

IOErrorEvent
type="ioError"
bubbles=false
cancelable=false
eventPhase=2
text="Error #2038: File I/O Error.

The server side script is working, as I can try and upload a smaller
file, and it works. But when I'm getting the I/O error, the app stops
before it even reaches the CFC. I've set a Progress listener to the
FileUpload object, and it seems to just slow down and eventually stop,
throwing the I/O error before file upload has reacherd the total bytes
of the file.

Does anyone know what might be going on here?

Thanks,
K.

--

: : ) Scott