From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Ely Greenfield
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 6:19 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] Flex 2 Charting dynamic backgroundElements

You mean it's in front of the gridlines?

The gridlines that appear in charts by default is really just another
backgroundElement.  by default, each chart creates a single instance of the
mx.charts.GridLines class, and inserts it into the backgroundElements array.
If you set your own background elements, you end up overriding the default.
But if you still want Gridlines, you can explicitly create your own
gridlines instance in the backgroundElements:

<ColumnChart>
   <backgroundElements>
        <MyCustomBackgroundElement />
        <Gridlines ... />
   </backgroundElements>

You can put it in front or behind your other background elements by changing
the order in the array (i.e., in the MXML).

Ely.

  _____