Hi, I need a hand here ...

I have an app which reads an XML file, shoves everything into an
XMLListCollection and then renders the collection to a one-column datagrid.
Each row of the datagrid uses a (state-based) customItemRenderer [don't get me
started on the problems I've had with ViewStack-based approach].

Anyway, it seems to work fairly well ... but I've now been asked to take a
slightly different approach. The XML needs to be shoved into an Object Model (a
custom DOM), so that the same data can have multiple renderers/converters
created in the future (not just "renderToScreen")... renderToPDF, renderToCSV,
etc. Now there are notes in the PDF docs on creating a Class-based model ... I
figure I'm gonna create an array of Objects, each one typed as they need to be,
you know Bool, Text, Graphics, customSetOfAttribs, whatever ... custom addItem
and removeItem functions which use templates for each Object type.

1. Any comments on my methodology?

2. How do I assign an ActionScript class as a dataprovider (for a datagrid)?

Thanks.

Cheers
John

This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and are
addressed. This email may contain personal information of individuals, and be
subject to Commonwealth and/or State privacy laws in Australia. This email is
also subject to copyright. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not
read, print, store, copy, forward or use this email for any reason, in
accordance with privacy and copyright laws. If you have received this email in
error, please notify the sender by return email, and delete this email from
your inbox.