I would suggest sending the value as a string instead of a long, and
do a type conversion from the string to long afterwards and just place
logic to check if the string is NaN before you convert it taking the
appropriate actions.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Krueger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Anyone else have this problem or am I just doing something wrong.
>
>   Thanks
>
>   Jeff
>

> Jeff Krueger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>             I have considered coming up with a number like -999999
and then assume that to be null and initialize all my Number variables
to it and then translate that in java to null.  But that is a hack at
best.

http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flex/2/docs/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm?href=Part1_GetStarted.html

<http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=36035/*http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=41244/*http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index