Thanks John,

I currently am using a 'prompt' on my combobox as well.
I'm making my changes on a handler listening to the close event.

Here's perhaps a more detailed explanation of my problem from another previous email.

Hopefully this question has a simple answer, though i haven't found
one yet.

When switching a combobox from editable == true to false, if the text
was previously selected while editable == true, the selection is
maintained when editable = false.

Basically i want to remove the selection.
Something like;
combobox_instance.editable = false;
combobox_instance.'?currentTextField?'.setSelection(0,0);

btw, this is not within a subclass of combobox.

Regards,
Bjorn