Thanks for the replies.  Looks like Patrick's method with just the VBox
works great without any appreciable slowdown.

On 12/6/06, Patrick Mineault <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  If your item renderer was a VBox you could set verticalAlign to middle.
That might slow your app down if you have a lot of rows with VBoxes
versus just plain Components.

Patrick

--
Jason