From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of purcept
Sent: Friday, December 08, 2006 1:07 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Extending ChartElement class

Does anyone know why I can't create an MXML Component that extands the
ChartElement class.

*       I have Charting license
*       Used the "New MXML Component" wizard
*       Chose ChartElement form the "Based on:" list

It creates "MyChartElemeny.mxml" with no problems,  but when I insert it
in an App and compile it, I get a "Could not resolve <mx:ChartElement>
to a component implementation" error.  I beleive this should work.

Don

Here are some code snipets:

<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml
<http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml> " layout="vertical"  xmlns="*" >