What I refer to as a business object in this article, you could also
just call a model object. Because of the simplicity of the example it
might look like a VO at the beginning, but read further articles in the
series to get an idea where this potentially can go towards. It can be
much more than just a VO, which responsiblity is to transfer data accros
tiers. The Cairngormstore, the ShoppingCart would be another model
object. You can easily unit test these objects and I encourage everyone
to extract the right functionality from commands and views into objects
such as this when your application demands a better separation of
concerns.

Best,
Alex

         Alex Uhlmann