How about changing reg.method="POST" instead GET?.

Valy

----- Original Message ----
From: Dimitrios Gianninas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 9:28:40 AM
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] file download doesnt work?

Ok I switch the code around a bit and it looks more like
this now:

var req:URLRequest =
new
URLRequest() ;

req.url
= "http://localhost: 7001/billing/ servlet/FileSvlt ";

req.method =
URLRequestMethod. GET;

req.data
= new
URLVariables("operation=DOWNLOAD ");

try {

  var fr:FileReference = new
FileReference( );

  fr.download( req
);

}

catch( e:Error )
{

  trace( "Download error: " +
e.message );

}

But it still doesn't work, my Java servlet doesn't get
called at all. I have log messages in the service(), doGet() and doPost()
methods and I see nothing. My upload works like a charm.

Dimitrios
Gianninas

RIA
Developer