Just opening the HTML file isn't enough to begin a debugging session.

When you click Flex Builder's "debug" icon, Flex Builder does two
things: It launches your browser, *and* it starts listening on a
particular socket, waiting for the Flash player to start talking to it.

If you just open the HTML file directly, the Flash player tries to
connect to the debugger's socket, and it doesn't find anyone home --
that's why it displays the "Where is the debugger" message.  (Flash
Authoring uses the same mechanism, and they support remote debugging;
that's why the player asks you where the debugger is.)

  - Mike

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "bjorn.schultheiss"