From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mike Anderson
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2006 11:42 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Flex App w/ColdFusion to search PDF content?

Hello All,

I was wondering if it was possible, for ColdFusion to scan a
subdirectory of PDF files, read in each file, and then perform a
Full-Text search - bringing back a list of files containing the search
criteria?

I know ColdFusion has some type of built-in PDF capabilities, but I
think that is to just create PDF files correct?

I suppose, for anything more elaborate, a COM Object would have to be
created within the ColdFusion process, launching an instance of the PDF
Reader (assuming it's installed on the Web Server), and then have the
Reader communicate back with the ColdFusion Server...

Can anybody point me in the right direction, as how to accomplish
something like this?

Thanks in advance, for any advice you can throw my way.

Mike