Thanks guys, I suspected that's how it worked - makes a lot of sense.  It'd
be cool if DataGrid had a creationPolicy property like other components do.
Then you could adjust this behavior if you wanted to.  BTW, nice site, Ben!!

  _____

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of ben.clinkinbeard
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 8:40 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: How do I reset itemRenderer inside DataGrid when
dataProvider is updated?

Yep. Tom, Lach is correct, and here is an explanation with a bit more
detail.

If your DataGrid's dataProvider has 100 items, but it is only big
enough to display 10 at any given time, the DataGrid only actually
draws 10 items, in order to maximize performance. When you scroll the
DataGrid there aren't any new items being drawn, it is simply swapping
the data properties between the already drawn items. So scrolling down
one row means that the piece of data for the second item is switched
to be the data for the first item, the second item receives the third
item's data, and so on and so on.

I've written a couple of articles on my site about itemRenderers and
some key concepts around them in case you're interested.

HTH,
Ben
http://www.returnun <http://www.returnundefined.com/> defined.com/

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com> ups.com,