From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Paul Whitelock
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 8:25 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Using an ID String as an Object Reference

Thanks, that worked great!

You commented though that this technique is not a good idea. What
happens in the code is that the component dispatches an event to the
main application which then makes an asynchronous RemoteObject call to
a function on ColdFusion. ColdFusion processes the data sent by the
component and then returns some data. I was passing the id of the
component to ColdFusion (which then passes it back with the result
data) so that when I receive a ResultEvent I know which component to
route the returned data to. Is there a better way to architect this?

Paul

, "Patrick Mineault"