I would suggest looking at what google does. It allows and/or searches
in a completely unobstrusive manner. I would use only one search field,
with the following algo:

1. split on 'OR'
2. split on words
3. join on words with AND
4. join on words with OR

I would definitely search on all fields in your table.

In split on words you might want to take into account words in
double-quotes. Also I would use LIKE everywhere.

Patrick