Thanks Ben!  It will be nice to scrub some of the hacks out of my WebService
handlers. =)

  _____

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of ben.clinkinbeard
Sent: Friday, January 05, 2007 1:08 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: What's been fixed in 2.0.1?

Hi Tom,

You can view the release notes here
http://www.adobe.
<http://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/flex/2/releasenotes_flex201_s
dk.html> com/support/documentation/en/flex/2/releasenotes_flex201_sdk.html
but I can also tell you from personal experience that 2.0.1 did indeed
enhance the WebService class, including its support for .NET services.
I actually submitted 4 separate bugs (that Adobe confirmed) related to
serialization by the WebService class and all have been fixed. I've
been using the 2.0.1 beta for a few weeks now and everything seems
super solid.

One thing to mention also is that they removed some of the laxness of
the class. For instance, in 2.0 you could pass an object where an
array was expected and it would convert it for you. In 2.0.1, you must
pass an array.

HTH,
Ben

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com> ups.com,