Too funny Clint - you read my mind on BOTH instances.

I first said to myself, that was Flash 8 & Flex 1.5 Syntax (as I found
the Flex 2.0 syntax, since my original post last night)

And secondly, I also came to the conclusion, that dispatching an Event
manually may be overkill, since using a built-in Event and attaching a
function to it, will be all I really need for this particular
application.

Per another post, it was mentioned that I should use the
"UpdateComplete" event to cause the text to scroll to the bottom - but I
am finding out that this event gets triggered MUCH more often then
people may realize.  Especially the resize event, in which I use quite a
bit with this TitleWindow...

For now I am using "Change", and this should hopefully be all I need in
order to keep the most recently added text, visible in the control.

Again, Thanks for all your help - in addition to everybody else on this
list.

Take Care,

Mike