From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of tinkiknit
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2007 10:29 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] indexed array of associative array: ideas to add
elements to associative array?

Hello...

Stuck on another issue here. Searched the archive but I didn't really
see anything that I could use using AS3.0. I am quite a newbie to
AS3.0, not a newbie to programming, but I'm stumped since I haven't
done much with associative arrays.

Here is what I have: indexed array of associative arrays.

example:

var myData: Array = new Array();

myData.push({dataType: 3, timestamp: 0});
myData.push({dataType: 1, timestamp: 0});
myData.push({dataType: 2, timestamp: 0});
myData.push({dataType: 4, timestamp: 0});

What I need to do is add a new element to the associative array based
on the dataType value:

for the first element in my example, I'd like to add {series3 : value}
to the associative array.

this array will be eventually used as a dataprovider for a PlotSeries.

thanks for any suggestions!

Christine