I'm trying to write a set of master controls for setting the styles
for 3 rich text areas. what I need is for a single set of controls
(bold button, italics button, ect) to set the styles for all three
rich text areas at the same time. I have read the api and I'm just not
sure how to go about this. i can set the entire text area to bold, but
that is not correct... i just makes the entire textarea bold instead
of anything typed from that point on so i would LOVE any incite on
this problem.

A few things I have tried to no avail ...

Toggling the controlls manually:
   rt1a.boldButton.selected = true;
   var eventObj:Event = new Event("CHANGE");
   dispatchEvent(eventObj);

Manipulating the RichTextArea manually:
   rt1a.textArea.setStyle("fontWeight","bold");

Neither one of which seems to work or even be strolling down the right
path to a solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan