Hello All,

I am attempting to dispatch an Event from a generic Class File, and I
guess I'm not doing it correctly.

I was hoping, that I could simply do this:

        import mx.events.IEventDispatcher

And then in my function, I could simply dispatch the event like this:

        IEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent( event );

But it doesn't allow me to do this.  In the meantime, I extended my
Class to use the UIComponent, which automatically pulls in all the
EventDispatcher stuff.  Of course, it's silly for me to do this, since I
really don't have a need to extend the UIComponent class.

There must be a way, to import the proper Class, in order to simply
dispatch events.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Mike