Its amazing how complicated something so seemingly easy can be...

All I want to do is provide a numeric sort for columns that contain
numeric data. (by default the sorting is all text based)

I found the DataGridColumn.sortCompareFunction and tried this.

The problem I have is that the objects passed to the function are the
entire row, and I have no context of which column the sort is for.

It seems like they left out some key information in the signatures of
some of the DataGrid functions... for instance labelFunction signature
has the column being rendered but dataTipFunction does not. Therefore
I have the same issue with dataTipFunction as I do with
sortCompareFunction... how do you know what column you're working with?

Anyone know any tricks? How have others implemented custom sorting of
datagrids?

thanks,
PW